Graphically Entering Image Areas
The Video Motion Window (VM), Obscure Image Area (OA), Exposure Windows, Custom Size and Free Zoom / Crop options use windows within the image sensors that you can define and modify for the corresponding image sensor (OA) or the visible image section using graphical means.
Defining New Windows
- Open the camera's Live image.
- Hold down the [Shift] key and left-click inside the displayed image with your mouse. This spot is highlighted in yellow.
- Release the [Shift] key and click on a second spot of the image area. The selected image area is now displayed as a yellow frame in the live image.
Hold down the [Ctrl] key during this step to define a rectangle that has the same proportions as the current image format (default is 4:3).
- You can enter the coordinates of the rectangle in the following dialogs:
- Video Motion Window (VM): Click on the Add Rectangle button in the Event Settings dialog.
- Obscure Image Area (OA): Click on the Add Rectangle button in the General Image Settings dialog.
- Exposure Window: Click on the Add Rectangle button in the Exposure Settings dialog.
- Custom Size: Click on the Add Rectangle button in the General Image Settings dialog (Image Size section).
- Free Zoom or Crop: Select one of the Free Zoom, Crop or Crop & Maximize commands in the Zoom Quick Control.
- The yellow frame in the live image disappears after the coordinates have been entered in a definition box by clicking on an Add Rectangle or Set Rectangle Size button, or after 60 seconds. After first [Shift]-clicking, the camera will wait 10 seconds for you to follow up with a second click.
- If images or video sequences are stored while the yellow marker or the yellow frame are displayed (i.e. due to events or by a time task), the yellow elements will also be stored.
- If you select a rectangle for Custom Size while displaying two images side-by-side (Camera Selection Quick Control: Both), the same area will be used on both image sensors, i.e. the visible image will be twice as wide as the selection.
- The camera always clips the rectangle at the border between the images when the camera shows both image sensors. Selecting one area from both sensors is not possible.
Storing the Configuration
Click on the Set button to activate your settings and to save them until the next reboot of the camera.
Click on the Close button to close the dialog. While closing the dialog, the system checks the entire configuration for changes. If changes are detected, you will be asked if you would like to store the entire configuration permanently.
©2001-2019 MOBOTIX AG, Germany · http://www.mobotix.com/